Fusion Glazing - Bifold Door Systems
Schüco ASS 70 FD bi-fold door system
Schüco ASS 70 FD bi-fold door system
Schüco is a German brand of high performing slim bifold doors. Fusion Glazing Systems manufactures this system under licence in our factory in Uxbridge West London. This system offers clever design, outstanding engineering and robust build quality. Schüco has a reputation of being built to last.
This bi-fold door system also has one of the slimmest sightlines, with just 120mm frame width (60mm per frame) between two panes of glass. This lets you maximise your light coming into the living space and minimise framing.
The Schüco bi-fold is the only bi-fold door that can be up to 3m tall without any modification. The high standard of engineering means its rollers can carry 100kg per panel. The door leaf stack folds easily, with minimal force, inward or outward, and slides to the right and/or to the left. The door leaves roll almost silently on high-quality roller carriers and are securely guided at the top and at the bottom.
We most regularly install Schüco bi-fold doors into residential properties. But it is actually a commercial system. The doors are designed to be opened and closed frequently and tend to be installed in places with high volumes of traffic. For this reason, they are often found in commercial settings, such as bars, hotels and restaurants.
The system is very versatile and offers plenty of configuration and colour choices to suit any setting. In a residential property, the door will add value, be a great investment and last for many years to come.
SchücoASS 70 FD Bifold Door System is a high-performance system, and very secure. It has a six-point high security locking system. It will also be equipped with anti-lift locking barrels and anti-burglar hinges.
- Robust, thermally insulated aluminium profiles
- Easy-to-operate (lockable) one-hand handles
- Smooth quiet sliding
- Various configurations including slide away corners
- A higher level of sound reduction can be selected
- Total U Values of 1.6 or better depending on sealed unit configuration
- Can be double or triple glazed (max weight 100kg per panel)
- With a max width of 1.2 m vent
- Max height of up to 3.0 m
Smart Visofold 1000
The Smart Visofold 1000 bifold door system, creates an impressive opening, a flush internal to external area, bringing lots of light into your open living space. Suitable for both domestic and commercial projects.
All Visofold profiles feature a polyamide thermal break that enhances the thermal performance of the profile and improves the overall U-Value. Profiles feature EPDM high quality gaskets and weather brushes to aid weather resistance. Visofold complies with the requirements of Building Regulations Document L 2010. Security is assured by multi-point lock mechanisms on main opening sashes, and shoot-bolt locking on floating mullions.
- Attractive, slim-line profiles offer reduced sightlines
- Choice of opening configurations to suit any application
- Profiles available in either square or rounded edge options
- Fabricated using mitred corners
- U values as low as 1.5W/m²K using 1.0 W/m²K centre pane
- Can be upgraded to PAS 24 to make it Document Q compliant
- Slide Folding Sash Max Width 1200mm (per sash)
- Slide Folding Sash Max Height 2500mm (per sash)
- Slide Folding Sash Max Weight 100kg
- Glazing 24mm, 28mm, 32mm, 34mm, 36mm double or triple glazed units
- Frame Depth 70mm
- Typical Sightlines 132mm
- Available in standard or non-standard RAL colours or textured finishes
- Dual colour available as an upgrade
- Choose to fold the sashes internally or externally
- Option of either low thresholds for unimpeded, easy access, or rebated fully weathered thresholds
- Lock mechanism available with domestic style ‘lift-up’ handle and an adjustable, one-piece keep. Handles can be chrome, satin silver, black or white